Numbers are quite an important thing to every website owner and it is definitely frustrating when the results of your digital marketing efforts turn out to be negative. Even if the traffic on a website is good, the ways of making visitors stick to your website for a longer period of time is quite a delicate matter. Having a grand number of page views looks good in your analytic reporting software and there are many reasons why a website owner should care and try to improve the page view count on their website.
Reasons to improve page view count
Page view increases advertising revenue. One of the main incomes of a website is advertising. By advertising other pages and businesses, a page can earn a regular monthly income, but no person would choose to advert on a website with a low page view count. Why? Simple because no person would want to put an advert on a place where it will not be seen.
Page views increase conversion rates
Every business website struggles to keep their conversion rates to the maximum. It is a very important factor in selling a product or a service that a visitor spends as much time on the website as possible. Increased page view can lead to more signups, subscriptions and even sales and this is why it is very important that increasing page view is a priority to every website owner.
Ways to increase page views per visitor
- Measure your website traffic stats: Measuring your website traffic stats will enable you to monitor the page views per visitor and this will automatically make it easier for you to see the progress your website is making and choose the proper digital marketing method for improving the overall appearance and functioning of the website.
- Know your audience: When deciding to design and publish a website, first you need to be very clear on who will be using it. If you know your clientele and the people who will visit your website, you will know the right way to approach them. You should place on your website the things that your audience will be looking for and expects to find there. The website you create should exceed their expectations and be easy for them to use. Make sure to be clear about what you are offering, to whom and for which cost.
- Create an appealing website design: First impressions are what keep visitors on your website in the first place. If your website has a bad design, there is a very little chance that a customer will stay on it, even if it has good content. This is why it is very important to avoid making a negative first impression. Create an appealing web design for your audience that they love to see.
- Have an original content: You have made a well-designed website and now is the time to fill it with some content. Many websites are overlooked by clients because of their poor content or long, unnecessary explanations that take up much of the time of the customers. By knowing your audience, you already know what they expect to find on your website, but you must make sure that the things you present there will catch the eye of the person reading it. And don’t forget, many people simply scroll down the content and catch a glimpse of what it consists of. This is why it is important that the main things are highlighted – after all, you don’t want your clients to miss the most important things about your business.
- Website’s usability: The experience of the user visiting your website depends greatly on the site’s usability. Try to implement tactics and strategies while creating web design that help your visitors easily navigate through the website and this in turn, should increase your page views per visitor.
- Interlink your content: Interlinking your content can make it simpler for the visitors to connect the content they are seeing with similar contents or other things you have previously published. No one wants to spend hours searching for content. So interlinking makes it easier for your visitors to search the specific information they are looking for, which further increases the page views on your website.
- Remain consistent: The content and the design of a website must be consistent. This is vital to the success of your digital marketing campaign and can be achieved by providing great user experience that will in return result with increased page views. Readers should always be satisfied with the content you provide and the way you provide it, and being unique is one of the most important ways to stay on the market. Make sure that the visitors know where the content is located on the website and that they always have something to click on in order to read more. And most importantly, keep your branding consistent in order to increase trust with your visitors. Branding in the form of color choices can help increase your page view and keep your website consistent.
- Keep your site fast functioning: People nowadays do not have the time to wait for a page to load, so make sure that your site is fast. Measure the performance of your website often and optimize it and its content for the user.
- Don’t forget about SEO: The content of a website is not an easy task. You cannot simply write the things you want to say without making them eloquent for the Search Engine Optimization system. If your articles are not based on the SEO principle, there is little chance that new clients will find your business when typing on Google.
- Test your changes: Do not forget to test the changes you have made, find new solutions and compare what you have done to what helped other people increase page views per visitor.
If you want to increase page views, make sure to work your way through this simple list. Do not forget to re-evaluate the things that work for your website and find new ways to improve it. A website is a constant work that never ends and you have to make sure that you stay consistent in your content and design if you want to make your digital marketing campaign successful.