Someone has truly said – The first impression matters a lot! Have you ever thought what people think when they first visit your website? What impression your website design puts on them – positive, negative or neutral? Well, if not, it’s the time to think in this regard. Your website home page is the first thing your visitors see when they interact with your product. Therefore, it’s crucial to make it as presentable and interesting as possible. Want to know how you can make a beautiful home page that wows your customer? Check out the below tips and make that first impression remarkable.
- Beautiful Layout: Build a clean and beautiful home page layout which is clutter-free. All the content and images should be kept above the fold to quickly grasp the viewer’s attention. The home page should look organized and professional. Excessive amount of info and images could be overwhelming and drift the visitors away. Obviously, everyone looks for crisp information and no one has that much time to sort the useful information through a cluttered page.
- High-resolution Images: Large, high-resolution, full-width hero images are quite in trend nowadays. The reason being, they simply look amazing. A picture is worth a thousand words and that’s true for the homepage as well. Use beautiful, high-quality images that make users want to see other pages of your website. Again, you don’t need to add too many images. Remember, simplicity is the key.
- Colors and Backgrounds: A beautiful background and lovely colors can completely change the entire look of your website. Create customized palette for your site and use those colors consistently to keep the professional feel of your website design Remember, your background and colors should go well with each other. On the other hand, don’t use a background that steals the focus from your content and the main images on your website.
- Use Clear CTAs: Not every website needs to have a Call-to-action button on their home page, but if you want to add, use it in a right way. Use CTA that captivates the reader’s attention and make them to click. Keep it clear and short (preferably fewer than 4 words). Its placement is the next important thing that decides whether your visitors will click on it or not. If you want people to click through, place it wisely.
- Fresh Content: You really can’t have a perfect home page without an engaging, fresh content. The moment visitors land on your website, they should immediately understand its purpose and that’s possible only if you write a good content. Keep your content fresh to let visitors know that your website is up-to-date. Also, keep it short, crisp and relevant to avoid clutter.
To sum it up all, it’s important to understand that your website is a kind of online store that drives new opportunities and sales for you. As long as you keep your website design modern and up-to-date, you will reap benefits from it.