Want to generate more leads from your website? Have you ever thought of creating lead magnets as a part of your digital marketing efforts? Also referred with “sign up incentive”, “ethical bribe”, “freemium” and many other terms, lead magnet is a modern way to attract site visitors and generate quality leads. So what is a lead magnet and why is it important? Read on to learn.
What is a Lead Magnet?
A lead magnet is a bribe offered to the website visitors in exchange for their contact details. This bribe can be in the form of informative content, deals or coupons that might amaze them and make them to leave their contact information such as email address or phone number. If you are offering something to people that is worth their time and interest, they are likely to visit your site again and search for more information. This in turn helps you drive sales and increase conversions. Therefore, creating powerful lead magnets that compel people to sign up, form an important part of your content marketing strategy.
Below are the some of the most common examples of Lead Magnets:
- Cheat Sheet/Handout
- Discount/Free Shipping/Free Coupons
- Toolkit/Resource List
- Free Course/Video/Webinar
- Blind/Sales Material
- Software Download/Free Trial
The Importance of Lead Magnets
- A Key to List Building: You can build a huge list of emails by incorporating lead magnets in your digital marketing While you can also ask your site visitors to sign up for your newsletter, many people are not fascinated by this idea because they don’t clearly know what they would be getting in their email. However, when they sign up for a lead magnet that interests them, they don’t hesitate while sharing their contact details. This helps you generate a huge chain of email addresses that you can use afterwards for promotion and sales purpose.
- Makes Selling Easier: Selling is often followed by building trust and relationship with your prospective customers. Especially, if you are a startup and don’t have a brand name yet, it’s crucial for you to first build relationship with your prospects and then pitch your products/services. Lead Magnets help you with the same. Once users have signed up on your website to receive the piece of gated information, you can bring them into the sales funnel by engaging them even further through follow-up emails. This is called lead nurturing. Offering them useful content from time to time will help you build trust and turn leads into customers.
A Lead Magnet is a multi-purpose digital marketing tool that is extremely effective. It offers genuine value to readers and makes you stand out. Create Lead Magnets that you think can interest readers. Cover latest news, industry challenges and buzzing trends to optimize them for search engines.