Are you planning to start a online business in Singapore?
There are many advantages that come with having an online store, even if you already have a brick-and-mortar store going.
- if you choose to only have an online store, you save a lot of overhead costs that come with physical stores including payment of rent, and salaries for a larger number of staff, among others.
- That’s not all, physical stores are limited in that only people within the locality of the store can be considered potential clients. Also, once the shop is closed for the day or on holidays, you have closed off all avenues for sales until the store is opened.
- Not so with an online store – the shop remains open for as long as the site is kept operational and running, meaning that you can make sales 24-hours-a-day all year round. With the visibility that search engines provide, you are not limited geographically, so that you can even export your goods and services if you have the capability.
Building your e-commerce web design in Singapore
Just like you would put effort into ensuring your physical store has attractive displays and appealing signs which can grab the attention of passers-by, you need to have a stellar and catchy interface for your e-commerce shop, with a layout that makes all your products and related information easily accessible to potential buyers.
You will also need to provide your users a smooth, secure and fast flowing user experience (UX) in order to maximize the chances of completing a sale. If users find it difficult to get something done, they are likely to exit and go to one of your competitors instead. This is what Novage strives to give users – a high quality and unforgettable online shopping experience.
There are many e-commerce platforms that you can choose to run your online shopping cart on. Some are open-source such as the one we mostly recommend for our clients – WooCommerce, a product made by WordPress developers. Most, however, come with premiums that are paid per transaction or at a monthly flat-rate. Regardless of the platform you want, here are some benefits that come from developing your online store with Novage:
- Optimization for mobile and other devices
- Customized functionality and designs
- Credit card, PayPal and other online payment gateway services
- Advanced level online marketing and SEO
- Metrics tracking, analysis and reporting
- Integration with Google Analytics
- Lifetime support and training including error logging
- Detailed documentation of the entire system
- Unlimited numbers for categories, product and manufacturers
- Processing for multiple currencies for easy cross-border online trade
- Multiple languages
- Robust information framework including product descriptions and user reviews
- Compliance with PCI
- Multiple tax rate processing
- Automatic calculation of shipping prices for different weights and zones
- Ability to apply discount coupons for future promotions
- Related products and information pages for all products
- Robust backup and restore tools
- Unlimited Module Instance system
- Printable invoices and sales reports
How to earn money from eCommerce
Here are some important tips
- Put in 120% effort
- High quality image
- Fast loading of website
- User Experience
- SEO MUST
- Facebook Ads MUST
How much do you need to prepare to achieve all of above, here are the spending to be your reference:
- Website: $6-10k
- SEO: $5k/yr
- Facebook Ads: $5k/yr